Bower Generation

Bower Generation

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bonnie's Baby Shower

I've had a wonderful time for the past month and a half helping my mom plan my sister Bonnie's baby shower. We celebrated it this past weekend and it really turned out beautiful. It was so nice to see all the people that love and support Bonnie! Baby Blaine is so blessed. I have to admit, this project has been a breakthrough moment for me. Most people know that growing up I was quite the tomboy. If it weren't for my mom, I would have been in by boots and overalls with my brother everyday. I played sports and was super active. I can honestly say if it weren't for my sisters being beauticians, I would not only not know how to do my make up or hair, but my nails would have never been painted. Well actually, they still only get painted when I go visit them because they cant hardly bare to look at my unpainted grown out nails. I say all that to say, since I got married over three and a half years ago I have slowly become domesticated starting out with cooking (just because I love to eat) and slowly into more craftier projects such as sewing, decorating, planning, etc. I cant say that I am completely there yet, but I'm working on my girly side a little everyday. Just in case I might be lucky enough some day to have a little girl and God forbid, I just might have to paint her toenails. So here is a glimpse at Bonnie's shower: Here is an overview picture of our back patio. Jessica was in charge of the flower arrangements
This is just tissue paper. Super easy to make Pom Poms!
This raspberry limeade punch was absolutely delish! And super pretty to serve. Recipe by Ree Drummond Pioneer Women.
The Clothesline banner was easy and a cute way to display Blaine's name and sweet baby outfits.
The brunch was so YUMMY! With the help of Aunt Brenda's Steak Wraps and salmon spread, and Grandma's fruit jello and my mom and I's fruit and cheese tray and chicken salad croissants. Makes me hungary even thinking about it. It really looked beautiful on the table.
The desserts were made by Joslynn DeHoog. My mom just bought these cake and cupcake holders at home goods. Aren't they darling?
Party Savors by Mikin McClanahan.
We had such a fun time! Love my family!!
If you want to see all the pictures from the shower check out my facebook! For those of you who didn't believe me about being a tomboy. Well this picture says it all.

5 comments:

  1. You and Bryan loved those Dickey overalls...you wanted to be like papa. Then dad started wearing them, then Jessica and Bonnie started wearing overalls...except by that time they had become popular and they wore the ones that were "girly" from the teen store. Remember, they even wore the overall shorts? I had overalls I kept in the closet (they just weren't me)
    Rach...you did an awesome job with your "delegated" part of the shower!! You really showed the creative side of yourself. I KNOW it's in there...I've been trying to cultivate it for years. Good job Squilly!! Love ya!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! I see Wilton Armetale serving pieces, Flutes and Pearls (love that pattern!).

    Say hi to Bubba and the big guy for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan. You are absolutely right. Those are my moms pieces. Beautiful! I will give the boys hugs for you!

    Mama- You need to start signing your name "Mama Gene" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach I was so impressed at how you guys all made that shower so personal. Everything about it was perfect to me. Blainerbug is so lucky to have each one of you in his life. Even chubs although he will probably drag him down the halls and give him rug burns;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie...Blainerbug will only be getting back what his momma did to her siblings. He'll have a bald spot on the back of his head like Bryan and Rachel did from you dragging them down the hall. Funny!
    We had a lot of fun planning the shower and we talked on the phone daily to get everything coordinated. It was pretty hard keeping it all secret from you...you were determined to help in some way or another. Good thing Adam intervened.

    ReplyDelete