Bower Generation

Bower Generation

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cox Family Chaos...


Why is it that when the Cox family gets together you can always expect hormonal rants, anger management therapy (from who else but Mama Gene aka my mom), uncontrollable laughs and after stressful preparation, a wonderful meal. Seriously though, any of you who have ever been over to my parents home during a family gathering know exactly what Im talking about. You've got my mom always trying to psycho analyze everyones every move. There is always a "root" to everything. I have to admit though, most of the time she's usually right on the money, but still, really mom? This trip I learned where the generational anger that my son and I have comes from, "your dad". My dad antagonizes my mother all day long with his repetitive remarks. For example, My dad tried this new recipe of deviled eggs last week. Everyone loved them so he decided he wanted to make them for our Cox family reunion on Sunday. My mother of course, being a little OCD, explains to him that "deviled eggs don't travel well." All she could think about was how those eggs would topple over during the drive and be one big mess. She felt bad for crushing my dads moment so she finally told him that he could make the eggs. So all day on friday and saturday my dad probably mentions the fact that the "eggs don't travel well" more than 20 times, especially when everyone kept complimenting him on how great they were. Completely antagonizing my mom to no end. Honestly, she never gets the fact that if she probably ignored him he would probably leave her alone. But no, she lets him under her skin again and again. I will complete this story in just a few moments, but for the meantime I will continue on explaining the outrageousness of the rest of the Cox family.

Between Jessica,Bonnie, and I there is nothing but obnoxious noises and voices, while always poking fun at one another and everyone else in our family. My abs are always sore when I leave home from all the laughing. Jessica is little miss sassy and oh man she is one feisty girl and you don't want to be in her line of fire. You wouldn't believe such a sweet girl could have such an aggressive side. Actually, I think all of us girls have some major sass. Expect for me, you can minus the sweet side. We all have something we are usually bitching about. Bonnie usually is trying to control poor little bubba from throwing rocks in the pool or keeping him clean. Actually she's usually trying to control just about everything (my mom included, both a little OCD). But thank goodness for her because at least something is always getting done.

Bryan of course is our equal medium of the group. He is so calm and collective. Never says anything dumb (like the rest of us). Of course, he got the smart genes in the family. Drama? what drama? This guy has no drama in his life. Us girls have enough drama to last us a couple life times. I asked my brother this weekend if he was dating anyone. My dad immediately comments "why do you ask him things like that, thats exactly why he never wants to come around you girls. You girls are always prying in his business." To my surprise he actually answered by saying that he wasn't dating anyone really and that he was kind of just taking a break. Of course I continued my interrogation by asking him why. I love this part, he says, "all they want is my money and I am sick of all these girls not having a job. Any girl I date is going to have to have a job." So girls if you want to date my brother, then you better start applying.

Then there is me, I love everyone, but I hit my limit and when all of our family anxiety gets a little to much for me, I explode on whomever is right next to me. Which unfortunately, always seems to be my poor mom or husband. I usually let my child do whatever he wants when he's at my parents hoping that someone else will discipline him so I don't have to. At least thats what they think I do. OK, so I said all that to say, that all of that chaos is truly embellished with nonstop laughter. I mean seriously I never laugh harder or make weird voices or noises or freak out as much as I do then when I am at home. I know that no matter what, I have my family and they are always there for me and no one has my back like my family does. We have gone through our family struggles but we are so much closer and stronger through each bump in the road. I love my family and feel blessed everyday to have them in my life. I love how we each have our little quirks and we can always make fun of each other and laugh about it. So in leu of our Cox family reunion this past weekend. There you go!

Alright people, so to finish the egg story. My dad made the eggs, and wouldn't you know that by the time we got to the reunion those eggs were so mangled and gross looking. My dad calls me over and says secretly before my mom sees them, "Rach... my eggs didn't travel so well." I laughed so hard and of course my mom finds out and is holding her head up high like she had just one a battle. Well you know what? Every single one of those gross looking eggs were eaten. That made my dad so proud. So in the end I guess you could say they both won! But once again another example of the fun and chaotic moments in the Cox household!

Also during the family reunion my grandma gave me my childhood baby doll to me after she had sewn her back together. Its been 11 years or so since I've seen this baby doll. I had asked my grandma if she could fix her for me before they moved to Arkansas. She found her recently and fixed her right up. It was a super cute moment to share with my grandma!

another photo from the reunion. I guess you could call them kissing cousins haha

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, there is nothing quite like a Cox family gathering! PS - Your blog is officially on my favorites and has entertained me all afternoon at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are entertained!! Especially while you are at work! Dont work to hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps.. you should start a blog. You would be so good at it!! plus i would be more up to date on your life!!!

    ReplyDelete