Bower Generation

Bower Generation

Saturday, August 6, 2011

my bff...


So I have to do a little shout out to my best friend Mrs. Ashley Oscars, because today is her birthday! I seriously don't know how this girl has put up with me for so long. I mean honestly, I don't deserve her as a best friend, but man am I sure thankful I've got her.

When I met Ashley in the 5th grade I had just moved to a new school and basically hated everything and everyone. All I did was play tetherball at recess because I was the "tether ball queen", Ashley, being a girl of competitive nature would always come wait in line to play me. She was probably the only person that ever beat me once or twice. I knew I liked her because everyday we would play tetherball together and she would always put up a good fight. Of course, me being the psycho and mean person that I am, I told Ashley she had to be initiated before she could officially become my best friend (I know, I'm crazy). I invited her out to the farm where I proceeded to make her eat things that were probably highly unsanitary, jump in to scum ponds that were filled with who knows what and torture little animals (this was her soft spot) until I thought she was officially ready to be called my bff. Now I understand that I was a really mean natured kid, but Ashley put up with it the whole time. We became the best of friends from that day forward. I knew that this girl was one tough cookie and must have really loved me if she would put up with all the crap I put her through. Lets just say... things have never changed. She has always been by my side and I know no matter what she will always be there for me. We have gone months without talking because of our busy/demanding lives. But the minute we see each other its like a we never missed a beat. We played volleyball together, we rode quads together, we caught frogs and hunted for birds nests (we were so weird). We grew up and chased boys together. We shared tears and laughs together. She truly is the epitome of what a best friend is and should be. We have spent many nights on the phone listening to each other cry about some hard time we were going through or some boy that broke our hearts. Im not really sure what I would do with out her. My sisters tell me all the time..."your friends will go to the end of the earth for you" Im not really sure why I got so lucky to have such a wonderful and beautiful best friend (maybe it was the initiation). But I thank God for her everyday! I love you Ashley! I hope you have the best birthday a girl could ask for, because you deserve it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rach, this was soooo sweet of you!! Thank you so much, it means the world to me. I love you sooo much and miss you like crazy and still pray that one day we will be able to live in the same city and raise our kids together(my future kids of course ;)) We really do have the most rare of friendships and I will cherish it always and forever! I love you girl and will see you in a few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete