Bower Generation

Bower Generation

Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend with Lexican...and muffin Bread?


This past weekend one of my best friends Miss Lexi Watson aka. Lexican came to visit me in good ole Campbell. This is another example of a friend that I totally do not deserve but I'm not going to complain. She is seriously AMAZING!!! You can always count on Lexi making you laugh, putting a smile on your face and always being 100% herself! She is definitly one of the realist people I know (if that makes sense). Probably the last time I was any good at volleyball was probably when I played with her. She is the sweetest girl you will ever meet off the court, but this girl is an animal on the court. No lie! I couldn't tell you how many noses she has broke or girls she has hit in the face. Im pretty sure my dad still owes her about 20 Big Macs. Now if you don't know Lexi, She is about six feet tall and has an arm of an NFL quarterback. Man can she kill it. I use to pick fights with girls across the net from me and then turn and look at Lexi and say "Lex hit her in the face". I know, I know I was still a mean kid even in high school. Lexi never let me down. She always had my back. We use to make promises to each other that we would try to make each other look good so that the scouts would be impressed and we would get scholarships. Now that I think of it. Lexi never let anyone down. She was by far one of the best teammates I have ever had, if not the very best. She was never discouraged and she never gave up. I could always count on her to make a play. She was a fighter and man when she played she had fire in her eyes. Ok so now that I have totally relived my glory days of high school volleyball let me just make a point. I LOVE Lexi. Something about having a chemistry and bond on the court progressed into a friendship that has no limits and has stood the test of time.

So now that you all know how much I really love Lexi, you can understand that we had a complete blast this weekend laughing and reminiscing on old times. We hung out with little Bubba, went shopping, went to the beach, cooked dinner and made bread...Well we kind of made bread. Lexi tried some of my home made bread and decided she wanted to learn. So we started baking and for some reason just about everything went wrong. Lets just say.. when we ate the final product it was more like the texture of a muffin but in the shape of bread. So Lexi named it "muffin bread". I promised her I would reconstruct the recipe so that she could make it at home. So I will include at the bottom of this post the "Not so Muffin Bread" recipe.

Last but definitely no least, I am so excited to congratulate Lexi and Clay on their engagement. I am so happy for them both and wish them a lifetime of happiness. ps.. CLAY- your fiance is one heck of a catch and Bad A**!! Love you both!

(Not muffin Bread)
Whole Wheat Bread


place in a measuring cup:
1/4 cup of Warm water (105-115 degrees)
1 Tablespoon of Yeast (or 1 package)
1 Tablespoon of sugar

Let foam for about 5 minutes

mix in a large bowl:
2 1/2 Cups of Warm tap water
41/2 Cups Wheat flower
1/2 Cup oats
1/2 Cup flax seed
1/2 Cup Sesame seeds
1/4 Cup vital wheat gluten
1 Tablespoon of Salt

Add Yeast mixture to dry ingredients in large bowl, than add:
1/3 Cup oil
1/3 Cup honey

Mix till all of flour is moist, then sprinkle flour on a flat surface and knead for 7-10 minutes adding flour as needed so that it wont stick (usually about 1/2 a Cup is added). Spray two loaf pans or one large loaf pan generously with cooking spray. Divide the bread dough in half and then place in loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (80 degrees) for one hour. Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Bread should be hollow sounding when tapped on top.

1 comment:

  1. Im pretty sure a tear just rolled down my cheek! You are such a special friend Rach! I cant explain how much you mean to me and I am so happy to still call you a best friend! I cant wait to come back and visit! I love you and your family! Talk to you soon! and the surprise calls via mac are amazing! keep them up! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete