Bower Generation

Bower Generation

Thursday, July 28, 2011

favorite things

Alright, so I have a few new favorite things that either I really like at the moment or I think is hilarious.
1.  peanut butter in my cereal..yes thats right..peanut butter! Thank you Teresa Bower for that!
2. homemade bread!! This is also one of Jacob's favorites. By the way, I learned this fantastic ability from Mrs. Carol Remp (Teresa's mother), she is awesome. She taught me how to make bread the old fashion way. Yep, kneading the bread and working it till its perfect. I love doing this. Its like my therapy. I'm sure as more kids come along I will however be investing in a good mixer. But in the meantime, Im working the muscles.
3. I guess I am just loving cooking in general. I love trying new recipes. Actually, I think I just like to eat.  Which leads me to number 4
4. RUNNING! ok so I have never been a runner. Playing volleyball my whole life required mostly short sprint and quick action movements. But for the sake of all the food I have been eating and something to include Bubba (he loves riding along in the stroller), I am now officially a runner. This summer I ran a half marathon with my lovely sister in law Lyndi!! She is a champ.. I was kind of a slacker due to knee injuries, however I am getting back on track! no excuses..i hate excuses.
5. Bubba is now  able to take off his diaper. Which means I have to keep pants on him so there is not pee spots on the carpet.. I love that little guy. He's hilarious!
6. Bubba and I are also working on "my baby can read" program. He is doing great! Genius in the making.
7. Yes, another one about bubba. He is learning to give kisses. Wow, he melts my heart. Also, he loves to dance. His moves include bobbing in place, spinning in circles and stomping his feet. Jacob says he must get that from me. What? Not me. The girl who made her friends learn dances to Destinys Child on her birthday. One word, Embarrassing.
8. My sister Bonnie is having a baby boy in October! Finally. They are going to name him Blaine Adam Eakle. Im so dang excited.. I also know of someone else that is expecting that I am super excited about, however I will be keeping that under wraps until I get her permission! That will keep you all guessing!
9. Loving my new little apartment in our cute little town of Campbell. We have access to shopping galore, parks, fun restaurants, jogging trails, and downtown all within walking distance.
10. Chiropractic school so far is incredibly demanding for Jacob. But he is learning a ton and I am excited for what the future holds for him.

So there you go. My ten favorite things that I was thinking about, at least for today.

4 comments:

  1. I love Campbell! So jealous. Are you close to the Los Gatos trail? I ran there all the time when I lived there.

    Glad you guys are doing so well in SJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of I looooooooooved reading this Rach, made me smile :) Secondly, I am going to steal that video tape of our attempt to do destiny's child and burn it, as in light it on fire not burn myself a copy!! I can not believe you showed it to Jacob haha....miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- Yes we are 2 blocks from Los Gatos trail. We love it!

    Ash- you know you loved are dances we made up lol but i want u to know i did not show the video to jacob, my parents did. Dang them haha. but your birthday is coming up so if you want to get payback i would totally dance to any destines child song that you want haha love you besty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...Ash, it's at our house and I love to entertain our guests with that video. Guaranteed I'll be showing it to your future husband. You know you loved it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete